1. We embrace individualism as we strongly believe that all children are unique, special and should be respected, valued and honoured as such.
- We know that no two children are ever the same, so our programmes are designed to cater for individual strengths, interests and needs. For this reason, we keep our class numbers strictly limited so that all children can receive individualised attention and instruction as according to their needs.
2. We provide a safe and secure environment for children to play, relax, unwind and ‘clear their minds’ from their daily pressures and stresses.
- This is particularly useful during family trauma, sickness, school issues and exam times when children can sometimes have a lot to think about.
3. We truly value our relationship with children and their families so we like to regularly communicate to parents and carers about individual progress, upcoming programmes and activities to try at home.
4. We understand that children love to be active, engaged, encouraged and relaxed as well.
- Our lessons include offer a range of breathing exercises, yoga poses, yoga games, art, music and relaxation activities so children are able to express their creativity, have fun, make friends and enjoy the experience of yoga.
5. We teach children strategies and techniques that will help them feel calm, confident and capable, not just in the yoga studio but also each day in their busy and active lives.
- In the fast-paced, ever-changing world we live in, we can all, at times, feel a little frustrated, overwhelmed, nervous or anxious about events or situations happening around us, so we like to bring the energy and clarity back into our students lives.
6. We seek to enrich our students lives by providing greater opportunities and activities that will support them, not just now, but also well into their adult lives.
- We regularly attend professional development and training courses and conferences so we that can share the most up-to-date strategies and techniques with our students.
7. We understand the financial demands and pressures that families face, so we consciously aim to be as cost affective as possible for children and their families.
- We have a range of payment options available as we believe that all children should have the opportunity to experience the joys and benefits of yoga, meditation and mindfulness in their lives.
8. We are owned and operated by a teacher and educator who genuinely understands, appreciates and cares for children on a regular basis.
- Vanessa is a fully qualified Primary School and Early Childhood Teacher who has over 20 years’ experience working with children, including children with specific learning and support needs.
9. Our teacher and educator also has a thorough knowledge and understanding of yoga principles and philosophies as she is also a fully qualified Level 1 350hr Yoga Teacher and Specialised Children’s Yoga Teacher.
10. We are supported by professional associations and bodies.
- We are members of the International Institute and Complementary Therapists (IICT) and the My Health Association.